You Can Live More Safely with Natural Hazards
This website provides PDF copies or links to documents and websites that help you live more safely with natural hazards.
- Determine the risks that you, your family, your school, your business, your neighborhood face.
- Learn how these risks compare to other risks you face both in terms of severity and frequency.
- Develop a plan for reacting to the event, reconnecting with loved ones and others after the event, and recovering from the effects of the event.
- Take appropriate actions now. Determine:
- How you should react to survive the event
- How you can make your buildings safer
- How can you make inside your buildings safer
- What emergency supplies should be purchased
- What warning systems may be available
- Sleep better knowing that you are prepared
This website in under development. Click on the appropriate hazard for more information. THE ONLY INFORMATION IS UNDER EARTHQUAKES at this time.